Mitul Savani [he/him]
Software developer based in San Francisco, California
(kem cho, maja ma? 🙏🏽)
Twitter / Email / GitHub / LinkedIn
You can find a Single-Page PDF version of my Resume/CV here.
l revel in solving critical problems, developing algorithms, and building cutting-edge mobile applications. I thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy working with others towards success as a team. I seek to surround myself with motivated, like-minded engineers who inspire me. I currently develop mobile apps at AgreeYa Solutions where I have experience working in the design and development of both greenfield and brownfield mobile applications across various platforms using hybrid and native technologies. I previously worked on building the core app at Kandou where I shipped features and released a new version of the app on app stores. I hold Magna Cum Laude in Bachelor's in Computer Science from San Francisco State University, 2016-2020. During my time in school, I was a researcher and engineer who built and launched a pharmaceutical mobile app at Claryty which received an award from the school at the annual showcase. Moreover, I founded and led tutoring services at the computer science department for 3 years.
I am interested in all things related to technology and designs, and my most recent career interests lie in Full Stack Development, Mobile Application Development, Human-Computer Interaction, Internet Application Design & Development, and Software Architecture.
👨🏽💻 Industry Experience
- Software Developer (Mobile) @ AgreeYa Solutions (Aug 2020 - Present)
AgreeYa is a global systems integrator committed to delivering leading-edge, technology-enabled and business-driven solutions to small, medium and global Fortune 100 organizations.
- Working experience in the design and development of both greenfield and brownfield mobile applications across various platforms using hybrid technologies such as Flutter, React Native, and Ionic.
- Developed many Proof-of-Concepts (POC's) to showcase new features in mobile application development to clients.
- Collaborated with DevOps team to design a scalable modular framework for continuous integration and automation of build generation, test case execution, and sending deliverables to the client.
- Working directly with Director and Enterprise Architect to consistently deliver high performance, maintainable, and reliable infrastructure on our client projects.
- Worked on estimates for project development and interacted with a client for the daily status call to identify key requirements, define project scope, develop a project plan and schedule.
- Software Engineer @ Kandou (Nov 2019 - July 2020)
Kandou makes it easy for you to find social good events in your community
- Expertise in UI/Front-End Development, developing features, and designing user interaction screens
- Responsible for beta testing and releasing iOS and Android application to 300+ active users on app stores
- Worked in an agile environment consisting of analyzing users and peer feedback on the submitted work
- Software Development Intern, Undergraduate Researcher @ Claryty (Nov 2018 - Oct 2019)
Bioinformatics Research Project by Stanford University
- Developed new mobile application for consumers with React Native/Redux that presents adverse effect reports for prescription drugs
- Designed the full architecture of software stack in order to scale future Food and Drug Administration(FDA) data sets and user input
- 🧬 Integrated 20+ million lines of FDA data into database!
- Involved in weekly SCRUM meetings to keep track of the ongoing project status and issues
- Won 3rd prize out of 240 projects at College of Science and Engineering annual showcase in 2019 at SF State
- Open Source @ Facebook
React Native Core, React Native Website, React Native Directory
- Contributed in migrating ImageStore native module into the new TurboModule System architecture of the repository(v59)
- Updated API and Component docs to reflect the props and methods reflected in core repository(v62)
- Added 50+ missing libraries(Analytics, Geolocation, Deep Link, UI Components, and Other Platforms) that are associated with react native to the directory list
- Collaborated with core contributors to comprehend the code base and get peer feedback on the submitted work.
- Founder - Tutoring Services @ CS Sfsu (Aug 2017 - May 2020)
Association of Computing Machinery - World's largest scientific and educational computing society
- Consulted with students in their side projects and assignments by showing them the effective use of standard data structures and algorithms
- TA for 140 hours a semester
- Improved overall academic performance of incoming freshmen and sophomores by 30% in core courses such as Programming Methodology and Software Development
- Recruited, organized, and trained tutors for the Computer Science Department
- Hackathon Organizer @ SF Hacks (Nov 2017 - May 2020)
- Arranged first collegiate Hackathon in San Francisco with over 350 attendees
- Spearhead an outreach team to reach out to 30+ companies for partnership and raised $18,000 in sponsorship
- Teaching Assistant @ MobileSpace (Feb. 2018 - Apr. 2018)
- Took initiative in learning react native and went on to successfully develop 2 functional apps under minimal supervision
- Facilitated a dynamic and collaborative classroom of 15 students and conducted weekly office hours for further assistance
Here's some of the events I attended
- Google Cloud Next Conference '19 (San Francisco, CA, Apr 2019)
- Science and Engineering Student Gov Candidate at SF State (San Francisco, CA, Apr 2019)
- Tech & Diversity Conference at Lyft HQ (San Francisco, CA, Mar 2019)
- Website Design Opinion at Charles Schwab HQ (San Francisco, CA, Apr 2018)
- Oracle Java One Conference '17 at (San Francisco, CA, Oct 2017)
- Speaker at GitHub Field Day at Github HQ (San Francisco, CA, Oct 2017)
- GitHub Universe Conference '17 (San Francisco, CA, Oct 2017)
- Volunteer at CODE2040 Summit '17 (San Francisco, CA, Aug 2017)
- Get-together Event at Twitter HQ (San Francisco, CA, July 2017)
- Gaming Experience Review at Oculus HQ (Menlo Park, CA, July 2017)
- Research Study at Facebook HQ (Menlo Park, CA, May 2017)
- Yahoo Mail Design Review at Yahoo HQ (San Francisco, CA, Apr 2017)
- User Experience Feedback at Playstation HQ (San Mateo, CA)
- Product Review at Proteus Digital Health HQ (Redwood City, CA)
- Mobile App Review at JPMorgan Chase (San Francisco, CA)
- Website App Review at Wells Fargo HQ (San Francisco, CA)
💻 Technologies I Work With
Libraries and Frameworks
React, React Native, Flutter, Ionic, Redux, GraphQL, Node.js, Express.js
Databases and Infrastructure
Amazon Web Services(AWS), Google Cloud Platform(GCP), Firebase, MySQL
Tools & Miscellaneous
Visual Studio Code, XCode, Android Studio, REST API, Docker, Postman, Git, bash, NPM, Yarn, Jira, Trello, Notion, Classical Algorithms & Data Structures, AirBnB code standards
Thank you for reading
Updated on 8th Dec, 2021.